- Connecting to the application from the browser by clicking the Green Connect Button
- Connecting with the Real VNC Viewer. For a detailed tutorial on connecting with the Real VNC Viewer see the related article, Connecting to ANSYS Interactive Sessions with Real VNC Viewer.
For optimal visualization experience, we recommend using the Real VNC Viewer for interactive ANSYS sessions on Nimbix.
My interactive session seems to lag. Is there any way to improve this?
If you are experiencing lag in your interactive session:
- Ensure that you are using the Real VNC Client.
- Connect your local computer to a physical internet connection rather than WiFi. This will help reduce latency and jitter on your network.
- If you are on a shared internet connection in your home or office, you may want to contact your network administrator for assistance in optimizing your local internet connection.
What settings does Real VNC Viewer have to improve responsiveness of my interactive session?
Real VNC has an option for adapting to your internet connection's speed automatically called "Adapt to network speed (recommended)." If you continue to experience slow responsiveness to mouse clicks and other interaction with the GUI, you can manually override the compression settings by un-checking "Adapt to network speed" and dragging it toward "Best Compression."
If your preference is high fidelity rendering rather than responsiveness, then you can set the slider closer to Best Quality. Note that the overall experience when manually overriding this setting depends on the quality of your local internet connection.
When I click the Green Connect Button in the browser, the interactive ANSYS session only takes up a small portion of the screen. How can I resize it?
The resolution remote ANSYS desktop sessions cannot be changed once you have launched the job on JARVICE. In order to maximize the resolution of your session, follow the steps listed in the related article, How do I change the size of my ANSYS remote desktop?