The size of your browser is automatically detected by https://platform.jarvice.com at the time that you log in to the portal. If the size of your remote desktop does not match the dimensions of your local monitor or browser, then follow these steps to launch a desktop with the correct dimensions.
Note Your desktop cannot be resized while a job is running. You must save your work, terminate the job, and launch a new session following the steps below to resize your desktop.
Best practices for Launching Jobs
- Prior to launching a job, log out of JARVICE.
- Maximize your browser.
- Do a hard refresh of your browser. Usually this is a shift+click of the refresh button on your browser.
- Log in to JARVICE.
- Launch your job. The dimensions of the remote desktop should closely match the size of your browser.
Sizing your desktop for Full Screen Real VNC
- Determine the resolution of your monitor (e.g., 1920x1080)
- Select an ANSYS session
- In the Task Builder, set the Window size to the desired dimensions under the OPTIONAL tab.
- Once your job is launched, you can connect with Real VNC and run in full screen mode by hovering over the tools bar at the top middle of your screen (it's usually minimized, but moving your mouse over it will reveal the tools) and clicking the maximize button shown below.